Brandon Country Park
Brandon Country Park was created in 1820 with extensive parkland, exotic trees and a flint walled garden. Much of the original estate remains today and now includes a visitor centre, tea room, trails and regular events.
The park is open daily for visitors from dawn to dusk. The toilets and play areas are open, and the café is open for takeaway 10am-4.30pm daily.
Brandon Country Park was originally a country house, created by Edward Bliss, with extensive parkland. Edward made his fortune in the Napoleonic Wars, providing flint to the British army. He and later owners planted hundreds of trees on the estate, including magnificent Giant Redwoods, Monterey Pines and Blue Cedars.
The park is a haven for wildlife. In spring, hundreds of toads breed in the lake. Dragonflies and damselflies dart and skim across the water in the summer sunlight. Autumn is full of magical fungi. Winter is blissfully serene.